martedì 4 ottobre 2011

Kate Winslet su Harper’s Bazaar UK parla del divorzio da Sam Mendes


 
Kate è sulla cover del numero di novembre di Harper’s Bazaar UK con delle bellissime foto di Tom Munro. Per la prima volta, l'attrice parla del divorzio da Sam Mendes:

"One thing I will say about me and Sam is that it's fine, it's really fine. I'm not going to shit-fling, there's no point in even going there. It is what it is."

"We're grown-ups at the end of the day, and however hard it's been for me, it's been equally hard for him. And we have a child together who we both love - and raising him together, jointly and without any conflict, is absolutely key. It's the only way to do it, and I've really learned that with Mia."

"As a woman, especially when you have children, one gets so good at soldiering on - almost too good. I probably had very few moments of allowing that sadness to emerge. I kept pushing it away, not even really sharing it a huge amount with friends. Because you know what it's like, as soon as you open that can of worms, it's so f***ing big, you wish you'd never taken the goddamn lid off."


She revealed she had to film a divorce scene in Mildred Pierce - the acclaimed HBOTV series for which she won a best actress Emmy last month - on the day the first stage of her divorce to Mendes came through, admitting: "So that scene is nothing to do with acting."
She also told how she was "nervous" before her character Mildred's sex scene with Bert, played by Guy Pearce, because it was "such a profoundly bizarre thing to do with one's life".

She added of the sex scene: "There's a woman with a heart, a soul and a genuine capacity for emotion, having not been truly touched for years. I can really relate to that scene...  because it's part of life - sex, lovemaking, those glorious moments of passion between two people.

"To be beautiful, in these moments - that's the power of genuine longing and intensity, and I crave those feelings in life, those experiences. That's why I've never needed drugs; I've avoided druggy, boozy circles of people. I don't need anything synthetic to get that sense of elation... I feel I'm just at the beginning of a new narrative, and it's incredibly exciting."

Winslet, insisted the separation had not affected Joe and Mia, saying that it helped that she had "been through it before" when she and Threapleton parted.

She said: "There's no way that I'm going to allow my children to be f***ed up because my marriages haven't worked out. I so wish that that wasn't the case - that that hadn't happened in my life. But it has, so I will make the best of it - and I am."

“I do truly feel that I’m back. I feel that I’m just at the beginning of a new narrative, and it’s incredibly exciting. It’s complicated, I know, and uncertain - but it’s where life happens, between the cracks. It can be a painful process, but I truly hope that never stops for me.”


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento